Wednesday 21 October 2015

Tuna+Kangkong [Watercress Spinach]+ Corn Carbonara


Over the weekend, my sister brought home a bag of pasta noodles and cans of tuna. This was her way of saying: cook me spaghetti, please.

And so gladly I obliged.

Between the two of us, my sister was the pickier eater. When we were growing up, feeding her would entail a [g]astronomical effort (pardon my indulgences with word play) for my parents. When it was time to eat, that would mean a series of her crying and deflecting a spoonful of food.

But I'm glad she outgrew that phase and is now more open-minded in expanding her flavor palate. She now even eats vegetables other than string beans! Now that is maturity. LoL.

Since my sister is the one craving for some pasta, I chose to incorporate three of her most favorite food in the dish, which are spicy canned tuna, corn and kangkong (watercress spinach).

The Recipe

Pasta Noodles [about 250 grams, cooked per package instructions]
Spicy Canned Tuna [1 can]
Whole Kernel Corn [about half a cup]
Kangkong (watercress spinach) [a bunch]
Rosemary [dried or fresh depending on one's taste]
Egg Yolk [2 beaten]
Milk or Cooking Cream [a cup]
Salt and Pepper [to taste]
Garlic [5 cloves, minced]
Onion [one head, chopped]


Directions

1. On a pan, saute garlic, onion and rosemary using the oil from the canned tuna. 
2. Add the tuna and corn.
3. Mix egg yol and milk/cream then slowly stir in the sauteed tuna and corn.
4. Drop the kangkong leaves in the sauce until it wilted and gets deeper color.     

No comments:

Post a Comment